THEMA: Virunga NP - Fundraising für lokale Schule
06 Dez 2021 15:21 #631798
  • CuF
  • CuFs Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 7363
  • CuF am 06 Dez 2021 15:21
  • CuFs Avatar
Liebe Mitmenschen hier im Forum,
es wird Zeit, Euch einmal wieder auf die Nerven zu fallen.
Hier die letzten Korrespondenzen mit Jean Bosco:
Hello Friederike,

Hope this finds you well. This is to let you know that I am invited to attend the school meeting tomorrow at 08:00 as I told the school we don't have the $1,590 yet to pay as the school fees. This was based on their payment deadline notification.

Hello dear Jean,
very sorry about the delay with answering….
Well - today I begged two of my best friends for money - they both promised to transfer until latest tomorrow 1500 USD. So I am able to transfer 2.000 USD (the rest is from my account).
BUT: In the last month it was not possible to get one single donation and I am very pessimistic, that I can collect much. I myself are not able to support 167 pupils for years. And that is the problem: The people think, that the continually supporting seems to become a never ending story...
Deeply depressed greetings
Friederike

Dear Friederike,
Thank you so much for your email….
With this response ($2000 new donation) from you and friends, I know how to attend and bring suggestions in the tomorrow meeting.
Yes, you are right to say this school support should not be a never ending story...
I will discuss this issue in the school management meeting together with the parents comittee in order to think of other alternatives rather than relying on continious donations. I will surely update you on this!

Thank you again so much and we hope your health becomes better very soon especially in this Covid-19 situation resuming in Europe
Best wishes,
Jean Bosco

Hello Dear Friederike,
Hope this finds you well.
This is to update you on the meeting of today.
We evaluated and also discussed about the support we've been providing and promised that we will pay $2000 in this weekend.

But also the important issue was to know how this support can be turned into others alternatives rather than relying on continious donations which will no longer be available.

The parents comittee made options/suggestions as alternatives which will be developed as soon as possible BUT might need your final support.

They will comeback to me with the alternative proposal by early next week and will surely share that with you.
The most important thing is that we all agree this support cannot continue forever...

Therefore, I am waiting for you to do the bank transfer today if possible for the $2000 donations so that we can hand this payment to the school by this weekend or by earliest next week.

Looking forward to hearing from you very soon.

Best regards,

Jean Bosco

Good evening Jean, is it possible to find out how many money is necessary for one of the supported pupils until the end of the schoolyear? I will start another attempt to collect donations. But I cannot promise that it will be sucessfully.
Best regards
Friederike

The necessary money needed per pupil is $66 until the end of this school year.

Of course, this amount per pupil is after we have taken into consideration the $3,500 already sent by you ($1,500 and $2,000)
Best regards,
Jean Bosco

Es wäre mir eine große Freude, wenigstens dieses Schuljahr für die von uns bisher unterstützten Kinder zu sichern.
Die Spendenplattform ist immer noch
www.betterplace.me/k...hinya-primary-school
Viele Grüße
Friederike
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
07 Dez 2021 13:49 #631849
  • CuF
  • CuFs Avatar
  • CuFs Avatar
Liebe Leute,
als heute früh die Meldung von Betterplace aufploppte, daß insgesamt seit gestern 1.200 Euro Spenden eingegangen sind, habe ich meinen Augen nicht getraut!
Im Laufe des Tages kam noch was durch Freunde, Verwandte und Bekannte an mich direkt hinzu. Ich habe aufgerundet und schicke heute 2.200 USD los.

Als bekennender Agnostiker glaube ich zwar nicht, daß Gott seine Hände da im Spiel hatte, danke aber allen aus tiefstem Herzen für ihre Großzügigkeit.
Herzlichst
Friederike
Hier die aktuelle Korrespondenz:

Heute früh schrieb ich an Jean:
Good morning, Jean,
after new appell yesterday I have got donations (2000€ = 2200$). I am very surprised!
I will sent the money immidiately to your account.
Best regards
Friederike

Antwort:
Virunga Amani Tours
11:20 (vor 2 Stunden)

an mich
Good morning Dear Friederike,

Thank you so much for your emails and it's always very good to hear that you are safe!

Yes, we are now all worrying about this Covid-19 situation resuming. But here in DRC it's not yet the same situation as it's appearing in Europe.

It's incredible and suprising that you get such a response to your new appeal of $2200 after few hours or days. God is always mysterious!!!

Let's keep each other in prayers and sure God will bless all of us and protect us.

Waiting for your bank confirmation document for our follow-up.

Stay safe and healthy!!!

Jean Bosco

Friederike an Jean:

11:29 (vor 2 Stunden)
Can you tell me when the schoolyear is ending? Best regards
Virunga Amani Tours

12:24 (vor 1 Stunde)

an mich
Dear Friederike,

Hello again and apologize for not mentioning the ending school year.

The school year usually ends on July 2nd of each if there no any perturbation which happens due to security or political mess.

Best regards,

Jean Bosco
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: freshy, Logi, Rockshandy
07 Dez 2021 16:26 #631866
  • freshy
  • freshys Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 5179
  • freshy am 07 Dez 2021 16:26
  • freshys Avatar
Liebe Friederike,
vor allem dir und den üppig Spendenden herzlichen Dank. Da kommen meine gelegentlichen Scherflein kaum zur Geltung.
Nach diesen guten Nachrichten habe ich wieder die Hoffnung, dass wir alle miteinander das laufende Schuljahr juppen können.
Herzlichst
freshy
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: CuF
18 Dez 2021 13:59 #632606
  • CuF
  • CuFs Avatar
  • CuFs Avatar
Gestern erreichte mich folgende mail:

Hello Dear Friederike,

This is to confirm that the latest amount of $2,200 has just been received and handed to the school as of December 16th, 2021.

The community reiterates so many thanks to all the donors supporting and promoting the education of these pupils around the Virunga National Park. God bless!

The community also takes this opportunity to wish Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all the donors, friends and relatives.

Jean Bosco

Vielen Dank auch von mir für Eure Spenden .
Allen sozial engagierten Menschen - egal, in welchem Projekt, von denen es so viele gibt - wünsche ich
friedvolle, harmonische Weihnachtstage und ein gutes, gesundes (!) und lebensfrohes Jahr 2022
Friederike
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: picco, Logi, sphinx, mika1606, Rockshandy
13 Jan 2022 16:38 #634411
  • CuF
  • CuFs Avatar
  • CuFs Avatar
Kleines update:
Heutiges Schreiben an Jean Bosco:
Hello, dear Jean,
since the last transfer I have got following donations :
250€ on my private account from a friend and two members of the Namibiaforum,
215€ cash from a friend and
260€ via donationplatform from Gertraude and Saara = 725 € . That are roundabout 830$. I begged my bank today to transfer 950€ to your account. The difference is my donation.
I hope you are doing well and the omikronvariation will be not as serious as expected.
In Germany the infectionrate is horrible.
Best regards
Friederike

Danke - Ihr wisst ja, wer gemeint ist!
Herzliche Grüße
Friederike

www.betterplace.me/k...hinya-primary-school
Letzte Änderung: 14 Jan 2022 07:41 von CuF.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Logi, Rockshandy
25 Jan 2022 07:51 #635472
  • CuF
  • CuFs Avatar
  • CuFs Avatar
Guten Morgen in die Runde der interessierten Unterstützer,
hier ein „update“ vom Jean Bosco, der mir gerade folgendes mitgeteilt hat:

Good morning Friederike,

This is to confirm that the amount of $950 of donations was received in our account last weekend and handed over to the school.

However, as I mentioned before, the community was thinking of putting together a project of "LAYING HENS" in order to take over from donations.

Parents could sell chicken eggs from that project and cover themselves the school fees.

We are discussing about it for more clarifications and will share it with you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Jean Bosco
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: freshy, Logi