THEMA: a bit of help
22 Mär 2007 10:48 #33736
  • Sue
  • Sues Avatar
  • Sue am 22 Mär 2007 10:48
  • Sues Avatar
Hello Lorena,
We've been to Namibia twice. The first time we had a bushcamper and the second time a single cab vehicle. As Axel has written, you have to decide what you want to keep up front. We managed with the cameras, a small snack and some water. If we needed anything else we just made a stop. Important is when packing the car that you remember where everything is:dry:.
We took the full insurance - more for peace of mind than anything else. It's worth having a look at the rental terms. If you make any damage the rental company can of course always twist things that it's your fault but if you drive carefully and with common sense, accidents can be avoided. We rented our cars from Britz. They may not be the cheapest but we were very happy with the service. If you look through the Forum you'll find quiet a few companies who can be recommended.
Windhoek - Vic Falls in 18 days is OK. Get yourself a good map and workout your daily distances with space for mishaps and delays because you decide to stay in a place a bit longer than planned;) As Axel has recommended have a look at the natron.net website. It really is the best to help with your planning.
I'm sure you'll have a fantastic holiday:P

Bye for now - Sue

Post geändert von: Sue, am: 22/03/2007 10:51<br><br>Post geändert von: Sue, am: 22/03/2007 10:52
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
22 Mär 2007 10:59 #33739
  • karl
  • karls Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 4
  • karl am 22 Mär 2007 10:59
  • karls Avatar
hallo lorena !!!!

I would recomend you a 4x4 Double Cab.
Because there a many things,what you need douring the Day.
I had fully Insurenc and after an ecident no problems.
Greetings Karl
27 Mär 2007 13:10 #34119
  • LORENA
  • LORENAs Avatar
  • LORENA am 27 Mär 2007 13:10
  • LORENAs Avatar
Thanks Karl and Sue for your help.Sue I've been looking at the Bushcamper and seen it's a bit more expensive,is it much more confortable to have the beds inside and a proper kitchen? We are only two people but I don't know if setting up the tent everyday and using the gas cooker is going to be alot of fuss.

Lorena
27 Mär 2007 13:17 #34123
  • karl
  • karls Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 4
  • karl am 22 Mär 2007 10:59
  • karls Avatar
hi lorena !!!
if you don`t mind about the price,the bushcamper is more
comfortable for cooking and sleeping.
greetings karl
27 Mär 2007 13:42 #34125
  • Axel
  • Axels Avatar
  • Wo ich hintrete bleibt nur Staub
  • Dank erhalten: 122
  • Axel am 27 Mär 2007 13:42
  • Axels Avatar
the bushcamper is higher and bigger as the dc, but less comfortable to ride. the beds in the bushcamper are small maybe in cold nights a little bit warmer. the opening of the tent needs about 5 -10 mn for the first time than more less and less. Very often you will do a barbecue (braii), thats only outside and brings a lot of fun, breakfeast you will find within many lodges and camps. for me is the cooking outside one of the highlights in the holidays.
Ich bin immer für geteilte Meinungen, Hauptsache man teilt meine. "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday"
27 Mär 2007 13:44 #34126
  • LORENA
  • LORENAs Avatar
  • LORENA am 27 Mär 2007 13:10
  • LORENAs Avatar
Thanks ! probably you are right ,barbecues outside are always fun and you get to meet other people which is always nice in these kinds of trips