THEMA: a bit of help
15 Mai 2007 01:18 #37358
  • sunnysunshine
  • sunnysunshines Avatar
  • sunnysunshine am 15 Mai 2007 01:18
  • sunnysunshines Avatar
Hi Lorena,

you are brave! You still haven´t organized it... I hope you will get a car and accommodation in advance. Maybe it is easy in low season, but I think you really have to get things started.

www.caprivicarhire.de

Best wishes sunnysunshine.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
15 Mai 2007 05:52 #37360
  • Sue
  • Sues Avatar
  • Sue am 15 Mai 2007 05:52
  • Sues Avatar
Hello again Lorena,
I'm so jealous, I wish we could come with you. Like Sunnyshine has said I do hope you've at least booked the car. I wouldn't worry too much about the accommodation though.
The first time we went to Nambia (also in May) we had such big plans about our route. The first couple of days in Windhoek and talking to various people made us change our minds and we changed our route completely. That's the nice thing about not booking your accommodation in advance, you can take things as they come. Our motto is - If we like it somewhere we're going to stay a bit longer and vice versa. So what if we don't see everything we can always come back;).
Get yourself a good map and ask about the condition of the pads when you're there nobody knows it better than the locals. The C-pads are usually in good condition but don't forget to plan your journey so that you're not driving at dusk and when it gets dark. The roads are very dangerous at night. Not just because you can't see the road properly but mostly because of the animals.
This hasn't answered your questions but what I wanted to say is take it easy and enjoy yourselves. You'll have a fantastic time even if you don't get to see everything. :lol:
15 Mai 2007 11:47 #37369
  • LORENA
  • LORENAs Avatar
  • LORENA am 15 Mai 2007 11:47
  • LORENAs Avatar
thanks,don't worry i do have the car booked,fortunetly!