THEMA: NEEEF-Konzept
05 Aug 2016 18:11 #439963
  • leser
  • lesers Avatar
  • leser am 05 Aug 2016 18:11
  • lesers Avatar
Danke Swakop1952 für die ausführliche Antwort und die Zeit die du dafür genommen hast.
Ein mir wichtig erscheinender Aspekt ist mir dadurch aber nicht klarer geworden, nämlich wie namibische politische Bewegungen wie THK und später DTA geltendes südafrikanisches Recht bereits 1975 „abschaffen“ konnten, ohne dazu die hoheitlichen Befugnisse zu haben, zumal ja m. E. der von SA autorisierte Prozess zur Ausarbeitung einer namibischen (Übergangs-) Verfassung erst 1985 begann. Aber wahrscheinlich liegt das Verständnisproblem daran, was man unter „Apartheid“ versteht, ob nur Besitzungsrechte auf Parkbänken oder auch Niederlassungs- und Wahlrecht udgl. Ist aber zu OT, das hier weiter zu diskutieren…..ich werde weiter nach aussagekräftigem Lesestoff dazu suchen, nomen est omen.

Für das eigentliche Thema dieses threads (und nur deswegen habe ich diese Frage an dich gerichtet) ist deine These natürlich eine gute Nachricht. Wenn nämlich die Apartheid bereits vor 40 Jahren effektiv abgeschafft war, wird es bei einem Durchschnittsalter in Namibia von 22 Jahren (lt. wiki) jetzt nicht viele und auch nicht lange PDPs geben…. :whistle:
Und auf die Qualifikationskriterien dafür bin ich noch immer gespannt.
Grüße und Danke für die Mühe,
leser
Letzte Änderung: 05 Aug 2016 18:13 von leser.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
06 Aug 2016 22:21 #440077
  • Swakop1952
  • Swakop1952s Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 2087
  • Swakop1952 am 06 Aug 2016 22:21
  • Swakop1952s Avatar
@ leser
Der Prozeß wurde vom südafrikanischen Parlament begleitet und authorisiert. Anders als im heutigen Deutschland gab es ein Referendum, bei dem die Weißen sich für eine Mehrheitsregierung entschieden. Schau mal nach wann der Umbau der ehemaligen deutschen Turnhalle stattgefunden hat, da nämlich begannen die Konsultationen zwischen den Volksgruppen für eine neue Verfassung. Und das war bereits gegen Ende der 1970iger Jahre.

An die Abschaffung der Apartheid kann ich mich im kleinen Ort Karibib noch sehr genau erinnern, als im Schalterraum des Postamtes die Begrenzungswand fiel. Diese war in dem kleinen Ort das einzige Zeichen von "Apartheid", die Schwarzen sind eh auf der "weißen" Seite hereingekommen zu den Postfächern und Briefkasten. So richtig wurde das dort nie praktiziert. So waren es primär die Postämter der staatlichen Post in den anderen Ortschaften.

Das Thema Parkbänke wurde nur durch europäische Sensationspresse propagandistisch hochgespielt. Das war ganz einfach irrelevant weil es bis heute nahezu keine Parkbänke gibt. Ein Lieblingsthema der Hetzpostillen Stern und Spiegel.

Was Deine weitere Frage anbetrifft: Südwestafrika hatte seit ca. 1923 eine Sonderrolle im südafrikanischen parlamentarischen System inne, weil das Land der Republik Südafrika nie eingegliedert wurde, und bis zuletzt eine Sonderstatus als Mandatsgebiet genoß. Ein Teil der Sonderrolle waren die Abgeordneten im südafrikanischen Parlament, eingeführt durch die Nationale Partei die Seit 1948 regierte, die auch uns Deutschen die vorher durch die britenhörigen Sappen verweigerten Sprachrechte zurückgaben, und wir Deutschen bekamen Sonderkontingente an Importpermits für Waren des täglichen Gebrauches, u.a. Geschirr aus Deutschland, die südafrikanische Handelsfirmen niemals bekamen (ein Grund, weshalb reichere südafrikansiche Familien häufig diese Dinge in Südwest einkaufen kamen).
Das in wenigen Sätzen.
Letzte Änderung: 06 Aug 2016 22:22 von Swakop1952.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: leser
06 Aug 2016 22:35 #440079
  • Swakop1952
  • Swakop1952s Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 2087
  • Swakop1952 am 06 Aug 2016 22:21
  • Swakop1952s Avatar
Folgendes könnte Manchen ein klareres Verständnis der Situation geben, in der sich Betroffene befinden (Offener Brief aus einer Veröffentlichung in Facebook übernommen):

Open letter by Robin C. Raines to President Hage Geingob

JOHN GROBLER·DONNERSTAG, 4. AUGUST 2016

AN OPEN LETTER TO HIS EXCELLENCY THE PRESIDENT DR. HAGE GEINGOB

Your Excellency Sir,
Before any misinterpretation takes place and before any casts the first stone in my direction, please understand that I wish no ill towards any person who takes the time to read this letter. It is merely the expression of a loyal Namibian citizen first and loyal Namibian business owner second, who speaks with emotion direct from the heart without any intention of offending anyone. If you are offended then I profusely apologise to you at the very outset of this letter.

It is fortunately so in Namibia that we can air our views without fear of persecution and thus I put pen to paper in order to do so now… The recent public meetings held with regards to NEEEF refer. Notwithstanding that stakeholders were invited to participate in public meetings after submissions were made in writing, without proper dates and times announced except at the very last minute, information provided at such meetings and publicized thereafter was clear: whether or not any representations were made, NEEEF will be implemented as is. This begs the question, why bother to invite stakeholders to attend these meetings when the final implementation decision has already been made unless the invitations to make written representations and to attend the public meetings were (are) nothing more than a purposeful eyeblind? As business owners / investors we are not at all the fools that we are being taken for. As for the manner in which this matter is being dealt with, the arrogance of the officials dealing with this matter know no bounds!

Speaking for myself, I am nothing more than a Namibian with a white skin (believe me when I say that I had no choice in this reality) who had nothing more than a standard 8 high-school qualification at age 18. This is simply so because in those days, those of us “not advantaged” had to get out and work to assist the family. I started my working life as the lowest of the low (a general labourer) on a construction site and then moved on to retail and finally I found my calling in the discipline in which I still practice today, that of labour relations practitioner. My folks however, were “not advantaged” but they gave me my good name and instilled in me a fantastic work ethic and ethos for which I am most grateful. Make no mistake, hard work never killed anyone and I can personally attest to this. Nothing has ever been given to me on a plate and I have had to work for everything I own today. I only became financially able to study at age 42 and soon thereafter I decided to start my own small business, with of course, my dreams of a successful future. I had no money, save my last month salary to start with. Today, the business has successfully survived fifteen years and currently employs nine people of which six people are socalled previously disadvantaged. The relevance (and why I am so proud) of the past fifteen years is that on average, any business who has survived fifteen years (and I am not so sure if you know this) is that the business has “weathered the storm” so to speak and should continue to be successful.

Again, speaking for myself, I am a loyal Namibian business owner who collects VAT and pays it over to the MINFIN on average N$ 120,000.00 every two months and on average I also pay over N$ 350,000.00 in business tax annually, in addition to my own personal tax. I have since inception of the business, consistently invested back into the business and the community in which I live by taking in interns twice a year, paying them while I train them and when they qualify I take them into service or source other employment for them.

Back to NEEEF – I fail to see why on Gods good earth that anyone who applies their faculties to the proposed NEEEF think that I am just going to give away any percentage of my business, simply because I have a white skin and therefore I am automatically considered to be rich and advantaged over other races?
Let’s put this in perspective.
Your Excellency Sir, along with others in government who supposedly lived in exile and suffered for the cause. how is it then mathematically possible that you are worth over N$ 50,000,000.00 (by virtue of your own public disclosure as set out in the media)? By any minor account you have been earning some N$ 892,000.00 per annum since the age of eighteen (the average age for commencing employment). I of course do not deny you your good fortune. I simply do not understand how I am advantaged over a person in your position simply because of my “white” skin colour. I must then ask…what concrete actions have been taken to stop the wanton, willful and wasteful government spending?
Figures provide a concrete picture Your Excellency Sir.

Please help me to understand the following: The annual budget 2016 / 17 for Namibia is N$ 66 billion. We only have a measly total of 2,5 million countryman of which we can safely say, probably 1,5 million work and pay tax. Yet we have a government service that is second to none in terms of being an employer (the biggest in Namibia). We choose North Korea currying favour, while believe you me we, as a nation will pay the price because they do nothing without great expectations in return.
We have a military with a massive budget, who sit around in their bases doing absolutely nothing constructive and in any event, who are we looking and / or preparing to go to war with? Take away their arms and ammunition and issue each soldier with the tools required to build the nation by means of work, work and again work. Tax money is (mis)spent without thought for the future on for example…
N$7 billion to upgrade the international airport on the outskirts of Windhoek, several more billion dollars for tarring roads in the outlying areas,
N$4 billion for a non-essential fuel storage depot,
N$5 billion for a new Nampower power station (and in the evitable end, the consumer) will pay much more than they should, a conservative calculation of your very own (media publicized I do admit)
N$2,4 million in less than eight months from travel allowances - nearly double your remuneration annually, the increased size of parliament due to the increase in the number of MP’s, the most expensive living costs in Africa if not in the world, the new lavish parliament and so the list goes on and on.

To put it bluntly Your Excellency Sir, the elite (mis)spend tax money as if the world ends tomorrow. You and I, as do others, know that we cannot continue on this trend. It is simply a matter of time before it all comes crumbling down. Most of these million / billion dollar projects are not only wasteful of the taxpayers' money, but they are also extremely suspect because of the people managing and involved in them.
Who benefits from these projects and expenses? Only the elite and the “tenderpreneurs”!

Why do health, education, social services and genuine job creation suffer in Namibia, a country by the way, where MOST of the people have to rely on GRN because their income is only enough to pay food.

Why do established companies, the likes of Murray & Roberts for instance, close down in Namibia? As if this is not enough, we are now certain to be taxed further (taxed to death I dare say) with the so-called solidarity tax still to be implemented and now most recent, the so-called NEEEF (which in reality is nothing more than unconstitutional racially selective programme) to be practiced by the very government who supposedly fought for freedom and democracy and the rights of all Namibians who enjoy them today.

Your Excellency Sir, by the time my business and indeed myself personally, have been squeezed dry of the very last cent, there will be nothing left to take. Already, for every N$ 1.00 revenue earned MINFIN takes on average 45 cents for taxes for government to use in one or other way.
For years I have carried all the risk myself in achieving my dream of a successful business, most times without copious blessings of the financial banking sector, with great employees who are well looked after and share in my business, but I will now have to let my employees go with great sadness because I will no longer be able to pay them and / or provide any further benefits such as the current pension (at 75% contribution by the employer), five times annual remuneration in death benefit, full employer contribution (100% both employer and employee) to SSC, free coffee and tea, free team interventions annually, a full 13th cheque bonus, medical aid (50% contribution by the employer), free equipment to be productive, free training at least twice a year and fully paid transport to and from the place of employment that they currently enjoy.
I will in the end have to close down not because my business was not successful, not because I failed my business and / or because I failed my employees through bad leadership because of the lack of skill and knowledge on my part but solely because of NEEEF, Your Excellency Sir.
Really, it does leave a bad and bitter taste in ones mouth.
To me, it is unfortunately nothing more that a case of “killing the golden goose” by insisting on making me and others give up a portion of our business for free, all in the cursed name of NEEEF.
Yes, Your Excellency Sir, and said with the utmost respect, the elite will continue to become richer and those who truly should benefit, the ordinary (poor) people of Namibia will NEVER see any benefit at all. As small as my and other businesses are, it will be no different for the big businesses in Namibia.
ALL businesses in Namibia will suffer loss in one form or another because of NEEEF and any other “so-called programs for the “disadvantaged””. NEEEF is at the minimum, morally sickening to start with and when the true intent finally comes out, it will be too late and the ordinary (poor) people will have no one to blame of than the government of the day.
Why, because the ordinary citizen in the street will have benefitted nothing from NEEEF while the elite will have grown richer. The people are aware that this is not the first time this type of regime practice has taken place in Africa or for that matter the world at large. The government of the day in Germany did this in 1935, the years thereafter and ordinary citizens the world over, not only in Germany, suffered the consequences.
Ordinary Zimbabweans today have suffered for years and still continue to do so today, with Mugabe as the world’s oldest president and look where they are today?
Our southern neighbor, South Africa, has had this practice implemented for over twenty years and they have achieved nothing except place their economy at risk! Countries all over the world, not only in Africa continue to suffer the consequences of such regime actions by the elite against minorities.
Yes, history does repeat itself. I however fail to understand why the powers that be would want to perpetuate this curse on Namibia, who is currently highly considered (but should NEEEF be implemented as is, certainly not for very long), worldwide on many fronts?
It was once said that evil survives, thrives and breeds successfully when good men fail to do something about it. Perhaps the correct question to be asked, is why would all the good people of Namibia sit idly by and allow NEEEF to be implemented as is?

Hypothetically, what would happen should ALL BUSINESSES in Namibia Resist NEEEF being implemented as is, by all passive resistance means possible, for example…
1. If VAT is not charged and then business do not have to pay it over. MINFIN would then have to charge and collect their VAT.
2. What if businesses refuse to pay tax to MINFIN? Are all business owners / boards / executives etc. to be incarcerated?
3. What if businesses refuse to just accept unconstitutional racist laws that GRN wish to pass into law?
4. What if businesses challenge everything GRN wishes to unilaterally implement. Please remember that GRN can only rule through the people’s wishes. The hypothetical theory is simple – if GRN has no finances, they are stranded and everything will come to a grinding halt. The fact is, the powers that be serve at our (the people’s leisure), not the other way around and of course, they cannot incarcerate everyone for participating in passive civil disobedience in challenging the actions of the powers that be.
Why this hypothetical drastic step one would ask? As if the reasons already expounded above are not good enough, what guarantees are there that it will stop at solidarity tax and NEEEF?
What will be next? Is a law now simply to be passed to take my property, my vehicle, my entire livelihood, and finally my self-respect? Who is next, the proud Baster, Bushman, Damara, Nama, Ovambo (not to be racist but for brevity sake to mention just a few) or whoever else, just because they are a minority and / or are not black or white enough?
Is GRN now simply going to change the constitution when and wherever it suits them as they are currently attempting to do with the home affairs debacle where the judiciary has delivered a judgement that does not suit GRN in terms of citizenship (BUT they cannot change the constitution to bring back the death penalty for murder) – how ironic, isn’t it??
Are we all going to just sit back and say or do nothing?
Why would any international business wish to invest in Namibia with such risk? Do we also want to be joked about like in the old Zimbabwe joke? – Where is Zimbabwe’s capital? In a Swiss bank account.

As a proud Namibian, I think not!! The reckless and punitive implementation of NEEEF will force many people to up and leave the country in search of safer or at the very least, very much lower risk business opportunities, creating a business skills shortage crisis soon to be followed by a loss of employment for the masses, on a grand scale second to none in Namibia. NEEEF will not only be a reason, IT WILL WITHOUT DOUBT BE THE SOLE REASON why economic growth in Namibia will diminish far behind any other countries in Africa let alone the world at large. In particular, please understand Your Excellency Sir, NEEEF DOES sound the death knell for all small businesses like mine, announces extremely difficult times ahead for big business, and of course also announces the official birth of “tenderpreneurs” who are nothing more than mere tender process criminals because they get their tenders through (political) connections and in general it also will ensure for all businesses, that financial investment, growth and job creation will suffer.

All this in a particularly already difficult business environment climate, characterised by soaring electricity and other day to day input costs, scarce skills, a mostly uneducated labour force (lets face it, education in Namibia as free as it is, is utterly worthless when high school leavers do not know what the term “average percentage” is or what it relates to) and low productivity, persistent wildcat strikes, the current culture of “give me” and general labour unrest.
To the 1,9 million Namibians still living in relative poverty – on less than N$3,500.00 a month for a household of at least six – NEEEF will never ever bring benefits such as ownership, management posts, preferential contracts, the development of workplace skills or new business enterprises.
What the poor need most of all are jobs supported, by a great education system, and the growth rate needs to reach at least a consistent 7% a year to bring increasing prosperity to all.
With consistent growth of 7%, you will double your income every ten years but with a (current) minor growth of 3%, it will take twenty-five or more years to double your income.

Instead of NEEEF, a great standard of education must be implemented, a national minimum wage must be implemented (not the pittance as is currently paid in the case of security officers, domestic workers, construction workers and farmworkers), worker participation at board and / or executive level in business and a desperately needed proper land reform should be the order of the day.
GRN should rather identify the real barriers to the advancement of the poor and start removing them.
This means Your Excellency Sir, that you and your administration must embrace fully, the much more difficult tasks of:
* Fixing poor education, not just believing because it’s free, its of a great standard;
* Freeing the labour market from the current excessive regulation;
* Building up international competitiveness;
* Making Namibia much more attractive to direct investors, both local and foreign (which is of course GRN’s sole duty) when taking into account the tri-nature of industrial relations n Namibia;
* Stop excessive public holidays;
* Stop the ridiculous time change every year;
* Entrench at and from primary school level a great work ethic / ethos;
* Ensure that from primary school level, each child understands, that hard work is rewarded with achievement on merit! Not because of their skin colour or anything else;
* Ensure (and here Your Excellency Sir, I congratulate you on your personal efforts) that we stop talking about corruption BUT that those who participate are prosecuted from the top down to the very last corrupt person because they fail our nation pitifully.
* Stop letting ordinary citizens believe that they are dependent on GRN and the private sector for handouts because if you continue doing this, GRN is cultivating dependent citizens who are lazy, expect GRN to do everything for them and who of course will not want to work.
* Instill in the nation a culture of PRIDE.

Your Excellency Sir, I believe in the potential this great country of ours holds. It needs to be released not harnessed.
This is not about race or politics. It is about this great country where we have peace, entrepreneurship, freedom to invest and express great ideals and dreams but more so, where whey can become realities. Dividing up the existing economic pie without expanding it will never be enough to meet the needs of a growing population, neither will fostering and culturing a belief that when you have nothing, blame everyone else but yourself and “free handouts” are the only way to achieve anything in life. This is simply not the truth. Hard work, a great work ethic and the will to achieve can never be underestimated. It is in fact the only way to prosperity.

Your Excellency Sir, I therefore appeal directly to you as the head of our great nation and the administration of the day to STOP THIS CURSE CALLED NEEEF before it goes any further.

Respectfully yours,
ROBIN C RAINES
PO Box 31913
Pioneerspark
Letzte Änderung: 06 Aug 2016 22:48 von Swakop1952.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: fordfahrer, buma, Logi, leser
07 Aug 2016 10:11 #440095
  • leser
  • lesers Avatar
  • lesers Avatar
Danke Swakop1952 für deine Reminszenzen.
Ich hatte ja schon vermutet, dass du von der „petty“ apartheid redest (slegs blankes….) und nicht von der „großen“. Über deren Überwindung gibt es auch ganz andere Geschichtswahrnehmungen und -darstellungen als deine. Z. B. die von Dirk Mudge selber, also “straight from the horse's mouth”:
Dirk Mudge, The art of compromise: Constitution-making in Namibia,
Nachzulesen in der Konrad Adenauer Stiftung
www.kas.de/upload/au...ution_2010/mudge.pdf

Ich bleibe also bei meiner Skepsis, lerne aber aus deinen Zuschriften zu diesem und ähnlichen Themen immer etwas dazu.

Grüße
Letzte Änderung: 07 Aug 2016 10:39 von leser.
07 Aug 2016 12:00 #440108
  • leser
  • lesers Avatar
  • lesers Avatar
Noch eine Frage zum eigentlichen Thema (NEEEF) an die Namibier und –Kundigen:

In dem von mir oben eingestellten Artikel von Mudge
www.kas.de/upload/au...ution_2010/mudge.pdf
wird auch auf „Affirmative Action“ eingegangen, wozu NEEF wohl auch gehört. Lt. Mudge sollte diese, auch im Einverständnis mit SWAPO, auf 25 (20?) Jahre nach Inkrafttreten der Verfassung begrenzt sein. Im Artikel 23 der Verfassung finde ich keine Befristung. Wurde hier schon eine Verfassungsänderung vorgenommen? Oder ist diese Frist nicht im Verfassungsrang sondern anders geregelt? Danke im Voraus für aussagekräftige Literaturhinweise und
Grüße
Letzte Änderung: 07 Aug 2016 13:50 von leser.
08 Aug 2016 10:22 #440204
  • Logi
  • Logis Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 9733
  • Logi am 08 Aug 2016 10:22
  • Logis Avatar
Heute in der AZ:

Geschäftswelt lehnt ab
www.az.com.na/nachri...schftswelt-lehnt-ab/

...Der Privatsektor war unter anderem durch die Bergbaukammer, Bankenvereinigung, die Namibischen Börse und die Föderation der Bauunternehmer (CIF) sowie durch viele andere Interessensgruppen vertreten.Dem Personenkreis des Privatsektors gehörten auch zahlreiche schwarze Namibier an. Die Anwesenden wurden in vier Gruppen aufgeteilt und haben das vorliegende Gesetz diskutiert. Alle vier Gruppen (zum Erstaunen der LRDC) kamen zu dem gleichen Ergebnis.

Niedrigwachstum
www.az.com.na/nachrichten/niedrigwachstum-/

Ritter, früher Chef der Finanzaufsichtsbehörde NAMFISA, ist der Frage nachgegangen, welche Folgen die Durchsetzung des New Equitable Economic Empowerment Framework (NEEEF) und des darauf basierenden Gesetzes haben dürfte, das derzeit schon im Entwurf (NEEEB: New Equitable Economic Empowerment Bill) vorliegt.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: speed66, leser