Hallo, scheint ja wieder Änderungen zu geben:
Quelle Tripadvisor - Namibia Forum:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293820-i9680-k13391018-o20-Tourism_protocol_explained-Namibia.html"Yes it does seem the goalposts may have moved again.
The latest government gazette from the Ministry of Health and Social Services
http://www.lac.org.na/laws/2020/7342.pdfIt is a long, complicated and not particularly easy reading document, so I would like to thank Michael at Advanced Car Hire, who has summarised it as follows:-
"Tourists are to provide a negative COVID test that has been taken within 7-days prior to arrival (this has changed from 72-hours to 7-days)
No further testing once you've arrived in Namibia. This means that the test you previously had to take on the 5th day since arriving is not required anymore.
Travel insurance that covers medical care or extended stay in Namibia.
Completed health questionnaire
Tourists need to electronically submit their intention to visit Namibia 14 days prior to arrival to their nearest Namibian Consulate/Mission.
Tourists can enter Namibia via air through HKIA and Walvis bay Airport. They can also enter via Road.
That's it! No other procedures or restrictions! "
So yes, it seems to have all changed again.
It is still rather confusing, as I am still receiving information from lodges regarding their 5 day testing plan.
There is very little information I can find about, apart from this Government Gazette.
There is no update about this (if true) rather important change of affairs on any of the official Namibia Tourism websites.
It does seem to be great news...... it just is quite odd that it is so difficult to find out anything about it.
I am waiting to hear back from Namibia Tourism whether this is a new plan, or if it is a proposal, or if it is likely to be overruled.
Hopefully it is good news, but the Government seems to change it's mind more often than it changes it's socks when it comes to Covid-19 policies..... so at this stage I am neither confirming or denying."