THEMA: bookings for the Delta
16 Mai 2007 17:56 #37490
  • LORENA
  • LORENAs Avatar
  • LORENA am 16 Mai 2007 17:56
  • LORENAs Avatar
Hi eveyone,would have loved to have taken my 5 years of german classes more seriously so that i could understand all the messages!

i'm leaving in a month and plan to visit the delta starting from chobe and arriving in maun,is it possible to do it by ourselves? I do need to book all the campings in advance,right? Which itinery could you suggest,we can spend 4 or 5 days

thanks!
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
16 Mai 2007 18:08 #37491
  • pme
  • pmes Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 31
  • pme am 16 Mai 2007 18:08
  • pmes Avatar
Lorena hi,

I noticed previous postings of yours, but didn't go through them as some people had already replied.

When you say you're going from Chobe to Maun, do I understand correctly that you intend to travel through Savuti in a 4x4 vehicle? How many of you are there? Have you got your car rental arranged already? Do you know what this route is like and what you have to take along?

As for camping reservation in the Chobe and Moremi National Parks, this might be rather late now. There are people in Maun who can arrange things for you: www.mankwe.com for example. Diese E-Mail-Adresse ist vor Spambots geschützt! Zur Anzeige muss JavaScript eingeschaltet sein! ask for Talita.

How do you get to Chobe and where do you go to from Maun?

Brgds,

Patrick
16 Mai 2007 18:14 #37492
  • LORENA
  • LORENAs Avatar
  • LORENAs Avatar
pme schrieb:
Lorena hi,

I noticed previous postings of yours, but didn't go through them as some people had already replied.

When you say you're going from Chobe to Maun, do I understand correctly that you intend to travel through Savuti in a 4x4 vehicle? How many of you are there? Have you got your car rental arranged already? Do you know what this route is like and what you have to take along?

As for camping reservation in the Chobe and Moremi National Parks, this might be rather late now. There are people in Maun who can arrange things for you: www.mankwe.com for example. Diese E-Mail-Adresse ist vor Spambots geschützt! Zur Anzeige muss JavaScript eingeschaltet sein! ask for Talita.

How do you get to Chobe and where do you go to from Maun?

Brgds,

Patrick

hi,i do have a 4x4 hired,i'm starting in namibia and will visit vic falls and from there go to chobe.i have read it's difficult to drive through savuti and right now don't now how to plan my visit to the delta.from maun we are returning to namibia

thanks
16 Mai 2007 18:59 #37494
  • pme
  • pmes Avatar
  • pmes Avatar
Thanks for the info:

Do you have any experience in driving a 4x4 vehicle on gravel and sand and most of all, among wild animals? Would you consider buying a GPS system like Garmin Street Pilot (available from EUR 185.00)? It's not absolutely neccessary, but it helps you to stay on the right path, which can save a lot of time.

As an easy way to access this marvellous area for the first time you could:

Drive from Kasane via Ngoma - Kachikau and Ghoha Gate to Savuti. Invest in a stay at Savuti Safari Lodge. They have last minute offers, just call them from Kasane. The next morning you can join them on a game drive around Savuti Marsh. Return to camp for lunch and head off after lunch, you'll make it to Mankwe Bush Lodge south of Sankuyo Village before sunset. Stay there and leave the next morning for Khwai River. You can do a day trip to North Gate Bridge and back to Mankwe. Mankwe will pack a picknick for you. Alternatively you can ask Mankwe to book Camp Xananaxa and arrange the parks permit for you. This way you can carry on beyond North Gate Bridge and head out to Xakanaxa. From there (or if you returned to Mankwe) you can carry on to Maun the following day.

In Maun just outside the airport you'll find the offices of most of the Camp Operators in the Delta. Again, take your time and go scouting for last minute offers, which is well worth while.

Is this something you could consider doing?

Brgds,

Patrick
17 Mai 2007 10:17 #37525
  • LORENA
  • LORENAs Avatar
  • LORENAs Avatar
thanks for all the itinery ,will definetly take a good look at it

We don't have any experience at all in driving a 4x4 car

Lorena
17 Mai 2007 10:49 #37529
  • pme
  • pmes Avatar
  • pmes Avatar
Hi Lorena, I'll send further information in a personal message.