Hey there,
I have a couple of urgent questions and as it seems, I've found the right place to ask them.
I am travelling to Namibia (Omaheke, near Gobabis) this May. I will stay there for three months and I am going with my son, who will be about 18 months then. My main concern is the health of my child and all my questions are related to that. What are the main health risks there? Has anyone been there with a kid and how has it been? I am still not aware where we will be staying but I guess we'll keep it simple. I haven't been to the vaccination center yet but from what I could get from the net, I think he is too young for any addtional vaccines.
And a bit stupid question, but, how much do you normally need to survive there? Is food expensive and can you get most of the things we are used to here (e.g. yoghurt)?
Any other general advice is appreciated!
Thanks a lot in advance! 😘
I have a couple of urgent questions and as it seems, I've found the right place to ask them.
I am travelling to Namibia (Omaheke, near Gobabis) this May. I will stay there for three months and I am going with my son, who will be about 18 months then. My main concern is the health of my child and all my questions are related to that. What are the main health risks there? Has anyone been there with a kid and how has it been? I am still not aware where we will be staying but I guess we'll keep it simple. I haven't been to the vaccination center yet but from what I could get from the net, I think he is too young for any addtional vaccines.
And a bit stupid question, but, how much do you normally need to survive there? Is food expensive and can you get most of the things we are used to here (e.g. yoghurt)?
Any other general advice is appreciated!
Thanks a lot in advance! 😘