THEMA: Von Livingstone nach Vic Falls
08 Feb 2008 06:46 #60054
  • Andreas Cierpka
  • Andreas Cierpkas Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 11
  • Andreas Cierpka am 08 Feb 2008 06:46
  • Andreas Cierpkas Avatar
Von der Grenze zum Flughafen sind es gerade einmal knappe 4 km.

Da wir noch nie in Vic Falls abgeflogen sind, habe ich die T4A-Karte bemüht und den kleinen Flughafen innerorts mit dem VIc Falls International verwechselt. :blush:
Ein Gast bin ich im fremden Land geworden.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
08 Feb 2008 11:48 #60079
  • linksfahrer
  • linksfahrers Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 1
  • linksfahrer am 08 Feb 2008 11:48
  • linksfahrers Avatar
Zum Laufen ist das ziemlich weit, vor allem mit Gepäck.
Taxis sind genug da, die Fahrer prügeln sich fast um Fahrgäste.
Genug US$ mitnehmen.
MfG Thomas D.
08 Feb 2008 18:08 #60158
  • chrissie
  • chrissies Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 5140
  • chrissie am 08 Feb 2008 18:08
  • chrissies Avatar
Vielen Dank für eure Auskünfte. Habt ihr eine ungefähre Vorstellung, was die Fahrt von der zimb. Grenze bis zum Flughafen kosten wird (US$), damit wir nicht so leicht übers Ohr zu hauen sind B)
Gruss Chrissie
09 Mär 2008 18:43 #62461
  • luangwablondes
  • luangwablondess Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 30
  • luangwablondes am 09 Mär 2008 18:43
  • luangwablondess Avatar
Victoria Falls Border Crossing
From the Livingstone Weekly - Feb 17th '08

The trucks at the border are backed up right to the bridge. It is making mess of the whole environment and making Zambia look disorganised and unwelcoming to tourists (not that many are coming through with the new visa fees). I visited the Port Office in Livingstone and asked why there should be such a problem. I was told by the Chief Customs Officer that the trucks are only given Report Orders and asked to come to the Port Office. So I can't understand why we have such a backlog of trucks.

I understand the the border is being renovated and that we are using one gate only, but, if the trucks are only supposed to pick up a Report Order there should not be such a problem ... how long does it take to issue a report order? One truck that arrived recently in Livingstone to deliver bricks took 5 days to come across the border ....

The other big problem with the clogging up of the border is that normal vehicles cannot pass. Many travellers have to walk across the bridge because cars/taxis cannot pass.
09 Mär 2008 18:47 #62462
  • luangwablondes
  • luangwablondess Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 30
  • luangwablondes am 09 Mär 2008 18:43
  • luangwablondess Avatar
Victoria Falls Border Crossing
From the Livingstone Weekly - Feb 17th '08

The trucks at the border are backed up right to the bridge. It is making mess of the whole environment and making Zambia look disorganised and unwelcoming to tourists (not that many are coming through with the new visa fees). I visited the Port Office in Livingstone and asked why there should be such a problem. I was told by the Chief Customs Officer that the trucks are only given Report Orders and asked to come to the Port Office. So I can't understand why we have such a backlog of trucks.

I understand the the border is being renovated and that we are using one gate only, but, if the trucks are only supposed to pick up a Report Order there should not be such a problem ... how long does it take to issue a report order? One truck that arrived recently in Livingstone to deliver bricks took 5 days to come across the border ....

The other big problem with the clogging up of the border is that normal vehicles cannot pass. Many travellers have to walk across the bridge because cars/taxis cannot pass.
09 Mär 2008 22:34 #62481
  • eningu
  • eningus Avatar
  • eningu am 09 Mär 2008 22:34
  • eningus Avatar
Hallo Chrissie

Wir sind im Dezember in Vic Falls gelandet und haben in Livingstone übernachtet, also wir hatten ein ähnliches Problem wie ihr. Wir haben den Transfer über die Lodge gebucht, was sicher sehr empfehlenswert ist. So hatten wir einen Fahrer, der uns direkt von A nach B brachte und sich auch gut mit den Zollformalitäten etc. auskannte. Auch bei uns waren kilometerlange Warteschlangen (Trucks), aber unser Fahrer hat sich durch das Chaos \"durchgeschlängelt\". Wie viel wir bezahlt habem weiss ich leider nicht mehr.

Liebe Grüsse
Eningu