THEMA: Kochen met Trangia?
06 Jun 2006 16:01 #17879
  • Marieke
  • Mariekes Avatar
  • Marieke am 06 Jun 2006 16:01
  • Mariekes Avatar
Hallo,
Mein deutsch ist nicht sehr gut , so i hope i may ask a question in english..?:unsure:
I go to namibia next month (july) and i wonder what kind of cooking gear i can use there. I am used to a trangia, i use methanol to burn it.
There is a gas burner for sale to use with a trangia, so with that i could use zum beispiel coleman fuel gastanks (\"screw on\" tanks)
Does anybody have experience with using a trangia in namibia? where can i buy methanol or spiritus or the proper gastanks.?
Vielen dank fur deine hilfe.
Marieke
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
06 Jun 2006 16:32 #17880
  • Savuti
  • Savutis Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 20
  • Savuti am 06 Jun 2006 16:32
  • Savutis Avatar
Hallo Marieke, so I try to answer your question in English . One question for the beginning: which way will you travel in Namibia. Should you be renting a 4x4 with roof-top- tent then I would suggest to rent the camping equipment as well . For a little more money your problem is solved as there is cooking gear included.Carsten might be able to answer the question which sort of gas bottles are sold in Namibia.
Kind regards Gabi<br><br>Post geändert von: Savuti, am: 06/06/2006 16:33
Höflichkeit ist der Schlüssel zu den Herzen der Menschen
Höflichkeit ist auch der Schlüssel zum Wissen.
Niemand wird dann mit seinem Rat geizen.
06 Jun 2006 18:37 #17884
  • Marieke
  • Mariekes Avatar
  • Marieke am 06 Jun 2006 16:01
  • Mariekes Avatar
Hello Gabi,
thanks for your reply in english. i go camping (with 4 others) with a rented car (no 4x4) and our own equipment (which is light weight.. but still....) ..
groetjes
Marieke
14 Jun 2006 09:33 #18269
  • squirrer
  • squirrers Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 4
  • squirrer am 14 Jun 2006 09:33
  • squirrers Avatar
Dag Marieke,
you have two alternatives for cooking in Namibia: a gas cooker and the open fire.
Normally, almost every rented car has a gas bottle fit in somewhere with a variety of accessories which can be chosen from when picking up the car. Should your car rental not provide anything like that, still don't bring anything with you. Namibia is a nation of campers, and you'll find everything you need for very reasonable prices at CYMOT or even at most of the bigger supermarkets. (CYMOT is located on Mandume Ndemufayo Av, very close to the Wernhill Shopping Mall. They have their own parking, and all you need for camping is on the 1st floor.)
If you intend to more often make a camp fire and \"braai\" (which would be especially recommendable in the cold July nights) I suggest you buy a simple portable grid as the ones at the fireplaces in the camps are mostly very sooty and sticky.
Have a great trip!
Groetjes, Squirrer
04 Aug 2006 14:04 #21208
  • sirtobi
  • sirtobis Avatar
  • sirtobi am 04 Aug 2006 14:04
  • sirtobis Avatar
Hello Marieke,
although your trip is probably over yet, let me add the following, for all that may have the same question.
Cooking with a trangia is no problem, we used one last year. The fuel you need is called \"methylated spirits\", we bought it in the small camping equipment store in the pickn pay shopping center in downtown Windhoek. As far as I remember, I even saw it at various supermarkets around the country. Hope you enjoyed your trip!
SirTobi