• GinaChriss Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 9241
  • GinaChris am 14 Aug 2018 07:19
  • GinaChriss Avatar
Guten Morgen,

ich starte hier mal mit den Gedanken eines Farmers zum Thema:

WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN THE ANC TAKES MY FARM
>
> I have no doubt that the ANC Govt has given a lot of thought to the topic of Expropriation Without Compensation (EWC) however I think they might not have fully comprehended the consequences of such a policy. As a farmer I thought it might be useful to enlighten them as to the course of action I would take once my farm is targeted for EWC. Before I continue I would like to emphasize that this is not a threat nor delivered with the mindset of a saboteur, it is merely a description of the sequence of events that would unfold in the event of such a policy being enforced.
>
> • I would immediately identify all the moveable assets on my farm and start selling them or placing them in a suitable storage facility. I list these below simply to demonstrate to non-farmers what makes a farm functional and profitable. The first to go would be all the livestock followed by all the machinery including tractors, pumps, silos, centre pivots, electrical transformers, irrigation equipment, water troughs, implements and piping. I would strip the dairy and sell the bulk tanks, milking machines etc. I would take down all internal fencing on the farm and recoup what I could. All sheds would be disassembled and all houses and other buildings would be stripped of anything sellable, including their roofs.
> • I would disconnect/cancel the 5 Eskom points on the farm and obtain refunds on the deposits I’ve paid on them.
> • I would re-trench all my staff and pay them off in accordance with the Labour Act. I would then strip all the staff accommodation on the farm and sell what I could.
> • With the sale of all my livestock and cessation of the farming operation I would immediately default on the R5.5m I owe FNB but I wouldn’t worry as the farm is the loan’s security and I don’t really own anything else.
> • When the day came to leave the farm I would hand the ‘keys’ over to the new ‘owners’ but I’m not quite sure what they would do as there’d be no roof on the farm house and there would be nothing to ‘farm’ on the farm. It would just be a piece of land, but that’s ok because the ANC says owning land makes you wealthy.
>
> When you take the sequence of events described above and multiply it on a national scale you see another sequence of events unfolding.
>
> • The new ‘farmers’ arrive on the farm but there is no livestock, machinery or working capital to continue the operation.
> • They go to the banks to borrow money (A good farming habit) but the banks are sitting on a R160 Billion defaulted debt book from the ‘old’ farmers and won’t lend a cent to agriculture. They’re fighting for their own survival now.
> • The Govt doesn’t have the money, which would be far more than the R160 Billion mentioned above, to re-capitalise and finance all the farms so most of the farms either fall derelict or are farmed at a subsistence level.
> • There is a massive but short-term surplus of Beef, Sheep and Poultry products due to the sell-off by the previous farmers. This brings prices down drastically in the short term but eventually the meat runs out and there is nothing to replace it. Meat prices skyrocket.
> • Dairy products cease almost immediately after the livestock cull/sell-off and within weeks there is a critical shortage of all dairy products. Importing is impossible due to the Govt’s actions which have decimated the value of the Rand.
> • Maize lasts quite a bit longer and with careful rationing will endure until the next season but there is no crop in the ground for next year due to the new ‘farmers’ lack of machinery, experience and access to credit.
> • All agricultural Co-Ops and suppliers very quickly cease operation and/or go bankrupt and re-trench all their staff. They cannot survive by selling single bags of seed and fertilizer to subsistence farmers.
> • All processors of agricultural products such as meat, dairy and maize cease operation due to lack of product and re-trench all their staff.
> • Rural Municipalities start to feel the pinch as there are no longer any farmers paying rates and the agricultural businesses in the towns have also sold up and left.
> • Smaller rural towns that depended on agriculture eventually collapse and rural communities are forced to travel long distances to major centres to find ever dwindling supplies.
> • Ironically the EWC movement creates more Urbanisation as the rural folk flee the agricultural desert that has been created.
> • All food dependent enterprises such as fast food chains and restaurants either disappear or are greatly reduced…along with all their staff.
> • With all the unemployed farmworkers, as well as those who have lost their jobs from other sectors, there is an unsustainable demand on the UIF system and it soon collapses.
> • The Social Grant system teeters as the ripple effect from the agricultural collapse enters all sectors and the tax-base is shredded.
> • Food riots become common and genuine hunger and poverty widespread.
> • Unlike Zimbabwe the South African population has nowhere to run.
> • With the White Farmer no longer an available target and the true ‘value’ of land revealed in all its fallacy the masses turn on the only target they have left. The ANC.
*************************************************************************************************************
Und hier die Gedanken meiner südafrikanischen Freunde die eine Farm besitzen:
+ Ja, sie haben alle Angst wie ihre Zukunft aussehen wird.
+ Sie haben auch Angst wie die Massen reagieren werden, und bereits reagieren,
denen die Umsetzung der Landenteignung nicht schnell genug vorangeht.
+ Sie würden alle unter diesen Umständen, das Land lieber heute als morgen verlassen.
+ Sie meinen, dass es bereits jetzt quasi unmöglich sei, eine Farm zu verkaufen, da es keine Käufer am Markt gibt, und die Preise rasant fallen.
+ Alle beklagen die mangelnde Information der Regierung zum Thema:
(wohin gehe ich mit meiner Familie? wie fange ich ohne Kapital ein neues Leben anderswo an? was passiert mit meinem laufenden Kredit für die Farm?, was mit meiner Gerätschaft?, was mit meinem Viehbestand?, ect.)
Gruß Gina
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: FSausS, freshy, speed66, Logi, franzicke, Old Women, Anne_W, Applegreen, Fortuna77, CuF und weitere 3
14 Aug 2018 12:23 #529090
  • loser
  • losers Avatar
  • loser am 14 Aug 2018 12:23
  • losers Avatar
zwei ziemlich aktuelle Artikel zum Thema
@die unterschiedlichen Einschätzungen der AUGENBLICKLICHEN Situation der Farmerverbände AfriForum und AgriSA
mg.co.za/article/201...rmlist-irresponsible
….und den links darin folgen
@mögliche Abläufe und Konsequenzen, weitgehend identisch mit der im Beitrag von GinaChris (deren Quelle mich interessieren würde)
www.businesslive.co....hip-in-south-africa/
Grüße, Werner
PS Meine Zuschriften im Zimbawe-Thema übertrage ich nicht und habe diese gelöscht, weil ich eigentlich nur spontan auf eine mE überspitzte Zuschrift reagieren wollte, die nur mich aufgeregt hat und keineswegs wollte ich noch andere aufregen…und der Meinungsaustausch über Medienqualität nichts bringt.

PSPS @die geäußerten Einschätzungen über die Durchsetzung im Parlament auf Basis der derzeitigen Zusammensetzung des Parlaments.
Es wurde berichtet, dass der Gesetzesgebungsprozess, ob direkt oder über eine Verfassungsänderung, bis zur Bestätigung und Inkraftsetzung in dieser Legislaturperiode nicht machbar ist. Bei der nächsten Wahl werden die Karten aber neu gemischt….mE auch ein Motiv für die plötzliche Eile der Regierung.
Letzte Änderung: 14 Aug 2018 12:57 von loser.
14 Aug 2018 13:39 #529101
  • GinaChris
  • GinaChriss Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 9241
  • GinaChris am 14 Aug 2018 07:19
  • GinaChriss Avatar
@loser
Die Quelle meines Eröffnungsbeitrages ist die fb-Seite von "Spurgeon Flemington"
Der Text wurde bisher 18.503 mal geteilt.
m.facebook.com/perma...1&id=100012410859583
Gruß Gina
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: loser
14 Aug 2018 15:42 #529125
  • fordfahrer
  • fordfahrers Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 539
  • fordfahrer am 14 Aug 2018 15:42
  • fordfahrers Avatar
Hallo Werner,
danke! Der Businesslive Artikel ist wirklich top. Sehr interessant ist auch, dass dieser von "Wandile Sihlobo and Tinashe Kapuya" geschrieben wurde. Keine typisch "weissen" Namen. Das lässt hoffen, dass hier stark über die traditionellen Grenzen hinaus gedacht wird ... .
Hat jemand noch ein paar Links zu Aufsätzen von Prof. Kirsten zu dem Thema?
Danke!
Gruss
Christian
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: loser
14 Aug 2018 16:27 #529129
  • Old Women
  • Old Womens Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 3761
  • Old Women am 14 Aug 2018 16:27
  • Old Womens Avatar
Hallo Christian,

du meinst Frau Prof. Dr. Kirsten Rüther? Die habe ich mal im Rahmen einer Gastprofessur an der FU in Berlin gehört:

dann meinst du sicherlich u.a. auch dieses Buch: www.amazon.de/Afrika...nturen/dp/3902968249

Herzliche Grüße
Beate
Reiseberichte:
Patagonien 2020: Zwischen Anden, Pampa und Eis: namibia-forum.ch/for...n-pampa-und-eis.html
Das schönste Ende der Welt-Südafrika März 2017 namibia-forum.ch/for...rika-maerz-2017.html
Südafrika 2018-Ohne Braai gibt es keine Katzen namibia-forum.ch/for...es-keine-katzen.html
Letzte Änderung: 14 Aug 2018 16:29 von Old Women.
14 Aug 2018 17:47 #529135
  • fidel
  • fidels Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 1100
  • fidel am 14 Aug 2018 17:47
  • fidels Avatar
Hallo,

nein, gemeint ist sicher Prof. Johann Kirsten, ehemals Uni Pretoria, nunmehr scheinbar bei einer privaten Wirtschaftsforschungsklitsche. Das aktuellste, was ich von ihm finden konnte war "REFLECTIONS ON 25 YEARS OF ENGAGEMENT WITH THE LAND QUESTION IN SOUTH AFRICA" (PDF), eine Antrittsvorlesung von Nov. 17 und dieser Artikel (ich hoffe der Link geht) von März 2018.

Viele Grüße
fidel
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Old Women