12 Okt 2013 09:58 #307919
  • Freebird
  • Freebirds Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 89
  • Freebird am 12 Okt 2013 09:58
  • Freebirds Avatar
Champagner schrieb:
Good morning Joachim,

:woohoo: pleeeeease continue!!! :woohoo: Sounds like a thriller..... :blink: !

I'm very amazed about this woman on your pics: didn't she even look at the elephant??? I can't believe it.... Me too, I am not afraid of elephants.... but always on the save part of a car or tent :silly: !

Have a nice weekend (by writing your report :P ) !

Bele

Hi Bele, thank you for the encouragement - it means a lot to me!

It was an amazing moment watching the elephant going close up to her and I will try to lift some stills off the video to post them here ...

I dared to approach the woman after the Elly had gone ... :whistle: ) - her hands were still trembling, causing the book to fall into the sand and revealing it's cover ... sugar, I can't remember it's title though - will ask Cindy to put me under hypnosis in order to clear up this little point ... ;)

Got a rather busy w/e ahead ...

Have a great w/e too!

Joachim
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
13 Okt 2013 22:50 #308104
  • Freebird
  • Freebirds Avatar
  • Freebirds Avatar
amazingviews schrieb:
Hi Joachim

Enjoying your latest trip report a lot :)

I think I know this fellow elephant very well :woohoo: Before he joined the South Africans setting up camp he stopped at our campsite. We were in our car in no time! The Zimbabwean residents just next to us laughed out loud. I guess they grew up spending every holiday in Mana and therefore were not worrying about elephants strolling around. But since we had a really scary close encounter with an elephant in Savuti Botswana it's better to be safe than sorry for us :)

Now, I'm patient and wait for the elephant video, you playing catch me if you can with the elephant and the sleeping pride of lions ;)

Cheers
Jenny

By the way, our Zimbabwe pictures are now online. Hope you like them: Zimbabwe Trip 2013

Hello Jenny,
we aim to please ;) but nevertheless, thank you for the encouragement!

As we spoiled the elephant's game (how naughty of us!), he decided to march on, and 25 yards later he got startled by a women coming from the toilets/showers and chased her too - she jumped behind a tree (how dare she!) - and on he went again, thinking to himself: "Why on earth does nobody want to play with me?". Deep down I knew the answer, but I didn't have the heart telling him ... :whistle: or was it the stomach? :woohoo:

Loved your pictures, especially #88 - a lovely Zebra pose in great light, #02 - waterbucks appearing almost in 3D and probably everyone's favourite #05 - a truly great shot: "Elephant hugging sun set" - perfect exposure!

Well, I managed to put a cat flap into an outdoor today and a busy week awaits me at work ... but I will do my best to continue the RP ASAP - or latest by next w/e.

Cheers,
Joachim
13 Okt 2013 22:52 #308105
  • Freebird
  • Freebirds Avatar
  • Freebirds Avatar
Birgitt schrieb:
Mensch, Joachim.......0,3 Sek,....da seid ihr aber fix...... :silly:

Cindy war sogar noch schneller - hab ich alles auf Video!

:lol:

LG
Joachim