THEMA: Botswana itinerary
17 Okt 2010 20:52 #159463
  • Botswanadreams
  • Botswanadreamss Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 1943
  • Botswanadreams am 17 Okt 2010 20:52
  • Botswanadreamss Avatar
Hi micmic

This is a picture from Grassland (front of the cave close to the lodge in 2006 with lions and wild dogs). We were there for two days camping on an organized trip. I don’t like this place very much but it’s my personal feeling.

We’ve never rent a car in Botswana. Another company is www.selfdriveadventures.com but without experience about the service.

Botswanadreams
Anhang:
www.botswanadreams.de

"Alles, was ich jetzt wollte, war nach Afrika zurückzukommen. Ich hatte es noch nicht einmal verlassen, aber wenn ich nachts aufwachte, lag ich lauschend da, bereits voller Heimweh danach."
Ernest Hemingway
Letzte Änderung: 17 Okt 2010 21:02 von Botswanadreams.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
17 Okt 2010 21:22 #159467
  • SFiedler2
  • SFiedler2s Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 99
  • SFiedler2 am 17 Okt 2010 21:22
  • SFiedler2s Avatar
Hi,
4x4 in Maun? It's hard to get them there. Most Tourists fly to Maun to continue to Lodges.
I just came back from Botswana, however started and ended in Johannesburg. I rented from Bushlore which was very good in all. I also know that they will transfer 4x4 where ever you want them, and know that they are opening (for various reasons) a depandance in Kasane. So you they will bring you the car to Maun if you want it there.

In 2008 I spent 2 nights in Grassland, and I enioyed it. Well on the way therto you will have to open and close about 17 gates. What I really enjoyed was the walk with the bushman. Yes they have lions and wild dogs, which is fine and nice. To see them in nature is much better. But the walk was really good, better than the one I did in Hainaveld.
Why don't you take over the car in Johnnesburg, 1 night Johannesburg where you can stock up, next day drive to Khawa (we did this in september in about 8hours) short game drive, than via Rakops to CKR (or if you don't want via Maun to Grassland) If CKR 2 nights CKR, leave via Tau Gate and skip 2 nights Ihaha Chobe. I agree with the others If you stay on the boat you will see a lot of Chobe.
In Moremi I would skip North gate and stay at Mohotlo (cheaper nicer better) and drive direct to Savuti (with Sankuyo you are driving backwards again). Stay one or 2 nights in Ihaha, drop the car at Kasane and continue your tour.
Stefan
17 Okt 2010 22:19 #159471
  • micmic
  • micmics Avatar
  • micmic am 17 Okt 2010 22:19
  • micmics Avatar
Stefan, I was thinking that if I pick up the car in Johannesburg and drop it off in Kasane, the relocation fee would be rather high. For less money I could fly to Maun and then the drive to Khama would be shorter as well. But I will ask Bushlore, maybe they don't have a high relocation fee since they have offices in both places.

As I said, the campsites are now booked. I chose Ihaha for 3 days because I heard that this is a nice campsite with the best game viewing in Chobe. And I was in a hurry to book campsites since they fill up early. So now I have to finalize the program for days 1-7 and for days 17-20. Maybe if I will have seen enough of Chobe while staying in Ihaha, I can skip the boat cruise and spend more time in Oddball's Enclave... or visit Tsodilo Hills like Botswanadreams said.

Where exactly is this Mohotlo place ? Googling it doesn't help.
  • Seite: